Wednesday 17 March 2010

#76 of 365 Lego Bionicle 8747 Visorak Suukorak

Lego has a number of Mecha lines especially in the first decade of the new millenium. Exoforce was the main one, but the most successful theme actually is this one, Bionicle. I'm not a huge fan of Bionicle, and I have absolutely no idea about the crazy storyline that drives this theme. I've only been picking up the sets that are available, and that I like, and this one was going for cheap so...




Bionicle departed from the standard cardboard boxes and the smaller figures have had plastic containers. Well, mostly. This set isn't an exception.


I was surprised that there are no baggies inside the container. This is the first time that I've encountered this. I do know the latter bionicle sets inside plastic containers comes with baggies, especially for the smaller parts. What's nice about the container is that the top actually is a storage compartment for the action feature "missile" of this Bionicle series. The container is a cool design.


The build was relatively straightforward and simple. However, one of the piece that came with the set was not the exact one as shown in the instructions. As a result I spent ages trying to determine if I could do the substitution - and yes, I could. The instructions were weird and not in the usual Lego style. This set really doesn't feel like a Lego set, but instead feels like a knock-off, albeit a very good quality knock-off.


And there's the completed model. The ripcord spins the propeller thing which lifts off thanks to aerodynamics. This is the "Ice" version of the Bionicle. There are 5 other versions which looks similar, but in different colours representing different elements. And that's another lego set, although it won't be the last of them this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...