Friday 18 June 2010

#169 of 365 DCUC Big Barda

And the Justice League members come aplenty.  Today I'm opening DCUC Big Barda, who was a member of the Justice League during Morrison's run.  Welcome to DCUC Wave 7 week of Justice League June here on Toy a Day.  Big Barda is a New God and part of the Female Furies, whatever that means.  I don't know much about her.




Big Barda's packaging is similar to the rest of the packaing of the wave.  Her eyes on the title card has a rather anime look to the cast of the eyes, and the overall image in the triangle on the cardback reminds me more of Avatar: The Last Airbender than a DC property.  That's not a bad thing though.  What I do like is that she is posed facing the viewer in her bubble, as opposed to the last 3 figures I opened which showed their sides.


Big Barda comes with her baton in addition to the CnC piece, which is a muscular arm that ends in a fist.  The weapon is sculpted with quite a bit of detail, which is all but invisible thanks to the size.  Big Barda herself has a cape and an unremovable helmet.  The helmet restricts her head movement quite a bit.  I have no idea why, but Big Barda has this "wide stance" thing going on for her.  I think her hip joints are a bit weird under the skirt.  The paintwork, particularly the scales is meticulous and is rather well done overall.  Her joints are passable as well.


I've never been a fan of the New Gods, or Big Barda, so although I got her to complete my Atom Smasher, and although I do like her next to Orion, I think she's going back into the box.  Now all this might change if I get the rest of the Morrison JLA members (let's see, so far I've got Batman, Orion and Big Barda), but I won't get there until after Plastic Man and Martian Manhunter is released later this year.

2 comments:

  1. If you're going to be posing by JLA run, you better stock up on Martian Manhunters. Hehe.

    She looks better than most of the other women in the line, but the wide stance really is weird..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do have Martian Manhunters... 3 of them in fact ;) They are still unopened though...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...