Saturday 14 August 2010

#226 of 365 Lego 7591 Toy Story Zurg

It's Animated August, and I'm opening toys with a connection to animated series, cartoons and movies.  For the past two days I've opened Toy Story figures.  Today, it's another Toy Story "figure", but one that originates from a company in Europe.


I have no idea why, but I seem to have a fondness for Zurg, if the amount of Zurg's I've been opening has been any clue.  I actually got this set for the small 3-eyed alien - maybe one day I'll start a collection of those.  The box for this set draws on the typical Toy Story Lego box with the white clouds on blue wallpaper.  There's a whole lot of logos on the front of the box as well - Disney, Toy Story and Lego are all represented.  The back of the box show a photo of the set, as well as the action features and the other set in this series, the Buzz Lightyear.



There's quite a bit going on in the set, but it only has 2 baggies, an instruction manual, the special gun and the bendy tube thing.  What's nice is that Lego decided to pack the cape in a nice sheet of cardboard so that it does not get warped during shipping.  The sheet, when folded is bigger than the instructions and it does protect the cape rather well.


The build wasn't too difficult, but it's not that easy either.  The instructions had a number of 1:1 diagrams as there are so many parts that looks the same, but are of varying sizes.  The base of the figure actually is more or less similar to the Wind Turbine that I built earlier in the year.  There are however, a number of new and unique pieces - the hands for one are so much better than what we got for Ben 10.  The hat with the horns is new as well.


Despite being constructed from bricks, I think the actual model itself looks rather grand.  Sure, it's a bit angular in some places, but it could have been worse.  The SNOT construction and the curvey pieces migitate some of the angular-ness (if that's even a word), and the cloth cape also does help to soften the overall look.




The mini alien, well, I think he's a little too small for this Zurg, but works fine with the rest of the gitd Toy Story stuff that I have including the gitd Rex and the gitd Buzz Lightyear, but not the huge ugly orange Buzz Lightyear from yesterday.  I guess that alien is going to be displayed alongside my gitd stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...