Tuesday 14 June 2011

#529 of Year 2 Toy Story 3 Twitch

It's Toy Story week and I finally get to open the Toy Story 3 character that I voted as one of my top 10 MotUC, partially in jest, but also partially because this is a well thought out character.  I really wish the 5-inch character was a lot more articulated, but it isn't, so I settled for the 3-inch version of the character.


The box is plain but nice.  A good-sized cut out window in front, and an image of the character on the back of the box.  The back of the box also shows the concept drawings as well as a bio of the figure.  I'm not too sure that I like the non-rectangular shape of the box - it's just too difficult to stack up properly, but that's just a minor quibble.


The inside is also crafted with quite a lot of detail.  The blue "tray", which looks a lot more like a stage than an acual tray has images of the concept sketches which is a nice touch.  The plastic tray, in typical Mattel fashion does not hold the figure to it by friction but by two rubber bands.


Twitch even comes with an accessory, a staff that reminds me of the DNAliens from Ben 10.  He can hold the staff in either hand thanks to the excellent construction of the staff.  The figure itself has hinged ball joints almost everywhere - hips, knees, elbows, and twist joints on the head, wrists and shoulders.  The paintwork is spot on, and there's even a greenish wash on his feet to give it a feeling of be "played with".  The head sculpt is faithful to the cartoon.  The antennas are made from soft plastic.  The head is forever looking downwards though because of the way the joint at the torso is designed, and that is a pity.  A hinged ball joint there would have solved the problem.


This figure is small.  It's barely over 3-inches tall, but despite its diminutive size, it does pack a punch.  I do not regret placing him on my top 10 MotUC list for last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...