Tuesday 12 April 2011

#466a Show and Tell of my customised King Hiss

King Hiss should have been a great figure, but he suffered from reverse shoulders, and an obvious lack of snakes in his alt form.  Well, I fixed the reverse shoulders (but his ab crunch got a lot looser) and this is my attempt to fix the lack of snakes.

So, I got a second King Hiss from the April Fool's sale and the day he arrived, well, I chopped up the snake.  The rubber was soft, but there's still a plastic base underneath.  Careful cutting with an x-acto knife removed all 4 of the snakes from the main body (which is really garbage bait without the rest of the snakes).  Then it was a case of trimming down the excess plastic and gluing everything onto the first snake torso.


It sounds easy, but it literally took an entire day.  The arm snakes on the back was from an idea courtesy of He-Bro, but since I had the two extra small snakes, I thought why not?  Just stick them in somewhere.  I wanted to do a pseudo-wrap around snake around his neck, but that didnt' work out.  The gap on the front between the two snake "arms" was just too wide to be bridged properly, so I just stuck the snake willy nilly on the torso.


The end result?  It could be a lot better, but this got quite a number of likes on facebook, so I guess it's good.  I dunno, it's my first attempt at a MotUC custom that's not just "changing clothes and heads".  I can live with the end result though.

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I love the "more snakes" look man. It's wht it should've been. Ouch on having to chop up a second King Hiss though. But I love it! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, I like it. Hiss looks way better with the extra snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the final outcome w/ the added snakes. It's not a bad figure, but it didn't wow me like I was hoping it would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how a few extra snakes make this so much better. Mattel should have just bitten the bullet and gone ahead with the extra snakes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...