Thursday 16 December 2010

Mattel Flight Stands

I picked up the Mattel Flight stands on their huge Cyber Monday sale together with Battle Cat.  I was hoping they would be good.

It comes in a white mailer box, but the box doesn't have flaps to open, it's just a piece of cardboard glued together to hold the contents.  There are three stands inside the box, and each stand has three clips of different sizes.


I really suck with figure display, but I have to say I like how the stand elevates smaller 2" figures like Buzz.  However, the actual stand itself isn't made of clear plastic, but a rather smokey plastic and as such, it gets in the way of the display and of the "flight" effect.  The clips are definitely visible around the waist of the figure, which isn't a good thing.


And if a figure is to be displayed in a classic flying posture, the whole stand and the clip is visible.  That's rather ugly to look at, and I'm not sure I'd like to display my figures that way.

However, there's one silver lining in this - the clips are perfect for holding MotUC figures as part of... and get this... Battle Bones.  Now I just need to find a way to customise one of my vintage or millennium Battle bones with these clips to hold MotUCs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...