Wednesday 4 August 2010

#216 of 365 MotUC Tytus

I got Tytus way back when, and thanks to Justice League June (where I was on a roll with DCUC figures), never got around to opening him.  I did finally get to him, and posted a video on facebook where I half-opened him.  Here's the sequel to that video.


Tytus comes in a huge oversized box that's wide at the base but tapers to the top.  Somehow it reminds me of the Buzz Lightyear box.  The front looks like the usual MotUC packaging, and the tray even has the same image as the front of the cardback.  The pose in the bubble is pedestrian, but's that's a good thing in my book.  The back has the usual 6 figures in the line and Tytus' bio.  The only extra on the back of the box is a picture of Tytus himself.


Even the mailer box is bigger than usual.  And it has to because the box is so much bigger.  The bio has Tytus' picture from his vintage box, which is a nice touch.  That's a box I never had as a kid, but nevertheless, that's an image done in vintage style that's now also on the classics box.


The figure himself is huge, and statuesque.  Mattel might as well had made him a statue thanks to the limited articulation on the figure.  The neck articulation is blocked by his hair, and the arms and shoulder articulations are useless as the weight of the club/vacuum cleaner/yo-yo does not allow it to be held upright properly.  The only thing going for Tytus is his height, and he easily towers over most other 8-inch figures.  Oh and my Tytus has a dark ink stain on his left shoulder.  Boo hoo hoo.  I'll just call it a birth defect or melanoma or something.

Despite his flaws, which are many, I still like this figure.  I don't plan on playing with him since he's heavy and clunky, but he does look great next to Castle Grayskull!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...