Wednesday 2 February 2011

Grayskull Stands

This was the reason why I got free shipping on my guards, so I guess I should be grateful to get a whole bunch of these.  I was a bit worried that it might not be as great as I thought it would be as there were a whole bunch of not so positive reviews, but I got them anyways.


It may look as if it's packed in a cardboard outer box.  That's actually it's outer packaging, and inside that there's just bags of the stands, two bags of the backs, a bag of pegs and the instructions.


Opening it up, I was surprised at the look and feel of the whole thing.  It looks better than I have imagined it from the pictures and I would say, it looks more realistic than any of the Castle Grayskulls to date... except that this isn't a Grayskull, of course.  Assembly was easy, but the pegs are asymmetrical with a larger and a smaller business end, so that takes getting used to.


I would have thought that Mattel would have designed these to fit better together, but they don't actually fit together that well.  Still, since they aren't supposed to be the main item on display, I guess that's a minor inconvienence.  The figures fit into the pegs rather securely, but sadly, due to the loose ankles on some of them, they may still do flying leaps off the stands.  That's not a good thing.  Still, they look great as a display option and I'm glad that I got them, although I'm not sure I'd recommend them to anyone.  These stands just makes me wish we are getting a Castle Grayskull and Fright Zone and Snake Mountain stands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...