Saturday 31 July 2010

#213 of 365 Lego 8518 Ben 10 Jet Ray

So, it began here, took a whirlwind tour of three other blogs and I thought it'd be a fitting end for Lego Ben 10 week to conclude back here.  OK, so it's not the end of the week yet, but it is the end of the month, and with that, the end of Jambalaya July.  It's now the start of Animated August and the line-up is all well, up and ready to go.


The box follows the usual pattern for a Lego Ben 10 box so far.  I've talked about it all throughout this week, so I think I'll pass here.  I do have to note that thanks to Jet Ray's red and yellow, this box seems to be the best mix of the Lego and Ben 10 elements.


The box contains one baggie, the instruction booklet, the torso piece and the wing piece.  The wing piece is a nice hard rubbery plastic thing that looks sturdy yet solid at the same time.


The build is easy, and the wing is just a clip on at the back.  What's great about the wing is that it allows for the full range of movements for Jet Ray - there's no hampering of the articulation there thanks to the soft plastic.  My only bone of contention is that the wing is way too small for him.  I do like the colours: the two tone red makes the figure less monotonous.  The face sculpt is a bit weird with the toothy grin, but I guess that's how the character is depicted in the cartoons.


And I must say I unintentionally saved the best for last because I do like Jet Ray quite a bit.  The "gang" as can be seen from the last picture looks rather different despite the fact that 80% of the body parts are the same!  I guess it's a bit like MotUC in that the characters reuse body parts - it's just that here there's a lot more reuse of a lot less parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...