Wednesday 25 April 2012

#787 - #788 of Year 3 MotUC Swiftwind and Swiftwind

Well, now that I have the Bubble Power She-Ra opened, I can finally open the Swiftwinds.  Yes, plural.  I guess I'm one of the weirdos supporting this line as I purchased 3 of these horsies... and all of them have the correct foot.  I think.


Swiftwind comes in an oversized box with a window that shows the content, and is typical for boxes that we've seen for the other beasts and giants and multiple figures.  There's a Princess of Power sticker on the front.  The back shows all of the available Horde members at that time and all the Rebellion members, with the exception of BP She-Ra.


Swiftwind actually comes unassembled.  The saddle and facemask/horn is removable, and so are the wings.  The wings actually have different peg sizes and will only fit on the correct sides of the horse.  That's just good thinking on Mattel's part.  The bib thing on the neck is not removable, which is a pity.  Because of this, we can't transform Swiftwind to Spirit.


Still, the flying horse is nice.  There's a ton of details all over including feathers on the wings and veins on the leg.  The articulation is tight and despite the skinniness of the legs, it actually supports the weight of the figures and the wings very well, thanks to the joints being absolutely tight.  The tail also seems a bit... Stridor/Night Stalker -ish.  We'll see if it, and parts of the horse gets reused for those beasts.

I do like the winged unicorn, but I'm a bit saddened that we can't transform Swiftwind into Spirit.  I guess I'll just have to have a Spirit with the neck bib thing.  It's better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...