Monday 17 September 2012

#887a of Year 3 Bricklink Order to restore Lego 6970 Command Centre

It's the 30th anniversary of my first Lego Space set, and I thought I'll get some of the missing pieces from the internet to spruce it up a bit.


Well, I got a package from the UK, and it's packed rather well, it seems!


Most of it is for the jet, including the hinged plate below that.  I'm glad to have it restored.  I'm keeping the other two vehicles in this set the way they have been modified over the years though.  They do have some history associated with them and the modifications are from the 80s and the early 90s.


Here's a comparison of the set from the beginning of the year and now.  The jet has the bulk of the work, but I've also changed the radar dishes and the station legs and the pole clips to better match the original.  It looks good now.  I'm glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...