Saturday 9 April 2011

#463 of Year 2 MotUC Preternia Disguised He-Man

I assure you that I'm not doing a MotUC week.  I'm just posting up MotUC stuff that I've been buying over the past few months and opening as I get them.  And since I'm opening them, I might as well put them up here to fill up a slot.  And it's just PDHM today.  One of him, which makes a huge change from the double Bow and double Shadow Beast of the last few opens.

The packaging is rather normal.  The text on the title card is a bit word and takes up two lines, and it's interesting that they are calling the figure as Preternia Disguise He-Man instead of Preternia Disguised He-Man which I guess is more gramatically correct, but this is Mattel and there's that saying about people living in glass houses...


Mattel forgot to apply the PoG sticker on the blister so they included it as a "bonus".  The back of the card has the usual stuff, but the bio seems really wordy.  The picture on the bio shows He-Man on Bionatops, and I wonder if this is a brand new art piece commissioned for this figure.


This He-Man comes in a dress (har har har!), his power sword, the cosmic key and one of Bionatops gun.  I still can't get over the fact that they gave this He-Man a skirt.  Granted, it's made of soft plastic, but still, it's a skirt...


This He-Man is basically the same as the other He-Mans, with what appears to be a custom head and the custom... ahem two-piece dress.  The belt is still the same one as that above the furry pants, but the skirt has been added instead of the furry underpants to give him that buff feminine look.  His chest pecs even looks like boobs...


He's he first He-Man with a dress that's been made in the MotUC line, and I'm trying to rack my brain to think of a millenium He-Man with a dress, but my memory fails me.  Still, he looks more like She-Man than He-Man, even when placed next to aneroxic He-Man from the millennium line with french fries hair.  He's not one of my favourite figures from MotUC and he really does underwhelm even in person.  I guess that's why they made this the subscription figure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...